Maturing Future Technologie
In conjunction with the D328eco program, Deutsche Aircraft is developing a dedicated propulsion and energy flight test laboratory. This project will leverage the strength of an existing D328 airframe and enable flight test maturation of key technologies. These tests contribute directly to future commercial applications – and the path to zero emission regional air transport. This project is co-funded by BMWk and includes significant contributions from project partners.
The objectives of this project are:
- Support the German State and Federal strategic goals leading towards climate-neutral aviation.
- Work hand-in-hand with German industrial partners, universities and research institutions within the aviation industry to develop systems and technologies that enable climate-neutral aviation.
- Develop and mature CS25-relevant technologies to Technical Readiness Level 6. Specifically, by developing a modular flight test aircraft with initial focus on 1.5MW class electric propulsion systems, powered by an onboard LHFuel Cell System.
- Demonstrate operation and gather experimental data on low and zero emission ground and flight operation.
- Gain early and first-hand knowledge of airframe integration challenges to guide current and future aircraft design activities at Deutsche Aircraft.
- Build an in-house competence on emerging technologies. This will enable Deutsche Aircraft to be a smart buyer of future commercial systems, and de-risk technology selection and integration.
Deutsche Aircraft is excited to work towards a climate neutral future.