Deutsche Aircraft honours top-performing suppliers
Key partners awarded for their contributions to the D328eco™ and D328® programme
Leipzig, 08 November 2023 – During yesterday's Leipzig-based 2nd AIRCRAFT Supplier Summit, Deutsche Aircraft recognised suppliers for going the extra mile with a special awards ceremony. The OEM collaborates with domestic and international suppliers who are essential for the development of the D328eco, the new 40-seater turboprop, and the in-service D328 legacy aircraft. Suppliers were grouped into different categories and assessed based on their capabilities and performance during 2023.
Maximilian Fahr, Vice President of Supply Chain at Deutsche Aircraft, said, “We appreciate the opportunity to honour the best of our suppliers and strengthen our commercial ties. Our suppliers are essential for the success of our product.”
The selection of candidates was based on two main factors: initiative and technical proficiency. The initiative criteria, accounting for 60%, took precedence due to the current project phase, while technical capabilities made up the remaining 40%.
And the winners of Deutsche Aircraft Supplier Awards are . . .
Sustainable Excellence Partner for the D328eco programme: Pratt & Whitney Canada. The focus was this year on Sustainable Aviation Fuel (SAF) and P&WC has supported time to market with excellence.
Best Engineering Services Supplier for the D328eco programme: Umlaut Engineering, which had the biggest value generation impact on the program, supported by a high sustainability rating.
Best Supplier In-Service Support category: PMG Precision Mechanics was honoured for their aftermarket support, high delivery performance, flexibility and quality.
Aciturri was selected as the best performer for the D328eco programme in 2023 in terms of earned value management a significant key performance metrics, as well as strategic alignment as a partner.
Head of Communications & PR